Written by Garfield Lucas
Please do not steal material from this site. If you want to use something then please ask. Unless stated otherwise, all material on this site is copyright © Garfield Lucas, all rights reserved.
- This site is generally quite "standards compliant" (though we had to bend the odd rule here and there) and should work fine in almost any modern web browser. However it seems the best browser to view this site with is Mozilla Firefox. There are versions available for Linux, Macintosh OS 10 & Windows. I think that for both security and usability, it beats the pants off M$ Internet Explorer! And it uninstalls cleanly if you decide you don't like it. Mozilla is available for free download from...
Viewing this site
- This site is designed to be viewed on a nice big screen with as many colours as your computer can muster. It will just about run on an 800 x 600 pixel screen but won't look very nice and some pages may break up. It is better viewed at 1024x768 pixels, or bigger @ 16.8 million colours. Pages auto-size to fit screen resolution (though the pictures don't!) It seems to run OK on Windows, Mac & Linux in almost any modern browser. There were some issues with early versions Apple's Safari web browser. But I think a lot of Mac users are using Mozilla. Mozilla certainly works pretty well on my G4 Mac
- Dynamic content for the main site is managed by Joomla content management system .
- The dynamic image library (GarfNet Pictures+Media) runs on Coppermine.
- Mr Goose's blog uses Wordpress.
- There are no pop-up or banner advertisements, trojans or any such other irritating nonsense on this site.
- I've tried to make all links to other sites clearly identifiable as such.
- Site uses CSS (cascading style sheets).
- Site runs on Debian Linux (Lenny) version 5.
- Webserver software is Apache version 2.2
- The back-end database is MySQL version 5 and is used for storing dynamic content.
- Site uses PHP (Pretty Hypertext Preprocessing) version 5.
- Static part of site uses 'frames'.
- This site uses ISO 8601 date format (CCYY-MM-DD). Unfortunately not all our contributors have quite caught up yet and some dates within their contributions may be in one of the older formats.
- Similarly, this is a metric site and metric units are used throughout. If you have difficulty understanding the metric system then you might find our units converter handy.
- We have made every effort to ensure that the contents are accurate and up to date. However, the information is provided "as is" with no warranties, express or implied. Therefore, neither Garfield Lucas nor any of the contributing authors can be held responsible for any inaccuracies.
- The links to websites are included for your convenience, but I cannot guarantee they will work all the time as they are not under my control. Similarly links are given in good faith but I have no control over material hosted on other websites.
Emails to the editor
- Unless previously agreed otherwise, when you send an email to the editor's email address, you are giving right of publication of your email on this website.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 06 April 2011 21:04